Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tavum's Journal

Tavum

Twenty thousand nine hundred and fifty one bottles of wine. I finally reach a little hut; it stood in the open field turning on chicken legs. 
I open the door and enter the hut. “Fie, fie” says Baba Yaga the bony legged.
“Are you here of your own free will or by compulsion my good gray elf? You are very far from your Mordand spire.”

I was born on the spire. I have traveled the world and planes and then my brightness became clear. My brightness was to find you, my name is Tavum and this is my honor guard Snorri.
We would like to rent a room and I would like to play chess with you for 1 hour a day everyday.
Baba looked curious, so I presented my gifts:
Cured meats from a 1000 different creatures.
A sentient broom made from the branch of the first worlds first tree, with the bristles made from the beard of a baby storm giant.
A pestle carved from white oak from the plane of shadow, soaked in the blood of a creature from each outer plane. Abaddon, the Abyss, Elysium, Heaven, Hell, Limbo, Nirvana, Purgatory, and Utopia.
And finally ambrosia seasoned with a single tear of an eldest.

Baba quickly picked up the gifts to examine, and the room started spinning.  I drank more wine till the room calmed down. The room never calmed down, but I did wake up in a bed.
In a new room, ones with shelves of games and books. Clutched in my hand is a lease contract I signed, a 1 YEAR! Contract.  Traako! I only have 6 gallons of wine left.

Day 7 in the hut (plus 4 months)
I was playing Baba, and was having my best game yet. Then Baba vanished and a strange group of ”invited” thieves appeared. Seems Baba put me in some fort of time field, I wonder how many times she has done this.
So I think they are thieves as my shirt buttons suddenly became undone, my coin pouch on the floor my bags were riffled through and I have missing items. Now Baba is missing, taken by her 14th daughter the thieves claim.  30 years gone, now I have to find her again.

I got them to leave me alone in my room for a bit, I was able to send a message to Orsig.
The group soon came back with their ratfolk companion dead, the Azata was missing as well.
Oh and the tattoo man was wearing the little ratfolks tunic now! I best tread carefully, I will be as helpful as I can be if they are truly interested in finding Baba Yaga.  Hopefully these thieves do not kill, rape and rob me.  When I find out who took my arrow I am gonna drop them through the first portal to Abbadon I find.

Now time for wine Twenty thousand nine hundred and seventy five.

Day 8
Wine twenty thousand nine hundred and seventy six.
My fortune arrow still has not returned.
I have realize with great dread the humans are Varisians, some of the worst of human kind.  Thieves scoundrels and cutthroats, they see every living creature as a walking coin purse just waiting to be slit open and drained of whatever wealth they can scavenge from it.

They were bound by Baba Yaga's black rider on his last breath to find and help Baba Yaga.
Orsig, Snorri and I think this may be our advantage to staying alive.  They are bound to fin Baba, 
and I have actually met Baba.  I will use these Varisian moths to find Baba Yaga and hope their binding will prevent them from killing me.

We met with the hut's guardian, I was greatly surprised the Varisian moths did not kill and rob him.
They showed restraint today and actually seemed like they will help them. Probably a ploy to rob him injury to themselves.

Human babbling is so annoying, I opened the front door stepped onto the porch and was struck with a frost giants ax.  Luckily it was a glancing blow and only broke half my ribs. 

Snorri flew out of the hut to confront the giant, he saw 7 in total and yelled a challenge to all of them.
The hut animated and started squishing and eating the giants.  The consumed giants would appear inside the room and Varisians descended upon them like a pack of wild magical dogs.
Snorri told me he killed one giant so hard it rose as a zombie and nearly killed him. 

The witch keeps offering to touch and “heal” me.  I am certain she wishes to curse scar me then control me with her voodoo hair puppets.

We finally head north an run into a group of centaurs. Disgusting creatures nothing natural about them surely they were created as a joke by some mad god.  What idiot elf taught these creatures Elven, it should be a crime to teach the superior language to such addle minded creatures.  It will surely make them sterile if they keep speaking it.

Try to be nice Tavum, you do not want to get trampled.  
I spoke with the leader and it seems to accept us.  I gave him applejack cider. Snorri said horses love apples.  The leader looked confused about the cider, these primitives do not even know what alcohol is!  I tried to marry off the midget Varisian, but it failed.
These backwards horsemen gave him a worg instead. I refuse to learn anymore about their marriage customs.  

The centaurs are sending a scout with us to the next city and then to the Baba Yaga colossus statues.
As for now, I am stuck in a communal tent with the moths.  

Jukkete.



Honor guard Snorri

Mother Maiden Crone, Baba Yaga, Pathfinder
A happy Baba with her new pestle carved from white oak from the plane of shadow and soaked in the blood of a creature from each outer plane. 




No comments:

Post a Comment